Monday, June 10, 2013

Some good American fun

First off - let me just say it.  I left my iPad in my seat pocket on an airplane.  I called the airport's lost and found section, and it isn't there.  I've emailed the airline and have my fingers crossed.  I am mad at myself, obviously.

Anyway.. before that tragic incident, I had a great time over the past few days!

Thursday night, a group of girlfriends and I had tickets to see Dirty Dancing at Marina Bay Sands!  This is one of my all time favorite movies, and I love to see plays and shows, so I was super pumped.

This was the only photo I was allowed to snap!

Pre-dinner dim sum

To be honest - it was not the time of my life.  The show was staged pretty terribly, and all the actors sounded explicitly like Eastern Europeans trying to do an American accent.  It was pretty dreadful.  The dancing was really good though, so that was fun to watch!

Friday, I flew over to Manila to celebrate another friend's 30th birthday!  Cebu Pacific was a pretty fun airline to fly.  They had games in-flight, they gave Brian a prize because it was his birthday, and I am also the proud owner of a deck of Cebu Pacific playing cards now!

But they still cannot spell.

We landed at sunset.. beautiful!

Once we all got checked into our hotels, we headed out for dinner.  We were staying in the Makati area, and our hotel was just across from a gigantic mall called Greenbelt.  It had tons and tons of shops, restaurants, and bars to choose from.  We settled on a Filipino BBQ restaurant.

Look - you can get a liter of gin and juice!

A few of us shared a bunch of stuff - tuna, chicken, pork belly, and shrimp.  The food was really good!  Then the servers all came out (with a tambourine!) to serenade Brian.  

The free dessert that you can barely see is purple ice cream.  We were all a bit puzzled and took turns trying to guess what flavor it was.  Apparently, it was taro root skin flavored.  Shockingly, nobody guessed that.

We spent the rest of the night dancing to a great band in a bar that we randomly came across but ended up loving!  The hospitality and service was great :)  And it was really affordable!  The Philippines is SO much cheaper than Singapore.

Saturday, the birthday boy said that he wanted to go to Chili's for lunch haha.  Half of the group we were with was British, and most of them had never heard of Chili's before.  (Apparently, they aren't in the UK at all?)  After a lot of southwestern eggrolls, chips and queso, and reliable Tex Mex, I think the Brits were sufficiently impressed, and we were all stuffed.  We ended up hanging around on the patio playing card games (thanks Cebu Pacific!) for the rest of the afternoon.  I'm talking five hours!!!

We went to Manila, and all we saw was Chili's

After our long lunch, I made a stop at Pinkberry (we don't even have that in Singapore!) before heading back to the hotel for a quick rest.  Dinner was a fast casual Mexican place before heading out on the town for the night!!

Good times with good friends!!  It would have been even better if I had not left my iPad on the plane!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment