Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Happiness Project: March

Hi everyone.. sorry it has been a bit quiet this week.. I took a little break from work and spent the week in Cambodia!  It was amazing, and I have a lot to share from it, but that will come later on!  It is the start of March, so it is time to recap how I did in my February Happiness Project!

No dumping - I was absolutely terrible about this one.  If you know me, you know that I am an open book, and that I am pretty vocal and emotive about how I feel.  I knew that this would be really challenging for me, but I guess I thought I would be a little bit better about not unloading my emotional baggage on others.  I was wrong.  More on this below.

Don't expect praise or appreciation - I think that I actually did alright with this one.  Of course, I still got annoyed sometimes when I felt like I was being taken for granted simply because someone didn't give me any sort of affirmation or anything, but I think I handled it better than I normally would.

Give proofs of love - I didn't do this as much as I hoped I would.  I do think that there were some instances where I did something for someone to show my gratitude, but I definitely could have done more!!!

So that is a look back at February - now it is already March!  (Broken record - time is freaking flying by!)  The book focuses on work for the month of March.  The author outlines some goals that aren't incredibly applicable to me, but I've given it some thought, and my (only) goal for March is going to be the one I failed at the most in February - no dumping.

The majority of my dumping and complaining revolves around work.  I know everyone experiences their fair share of pain points at work, but I think that I focus on it way too much.  (I don't want to sound terrible and make it seem like my job is the worst thing in the world, but I definitely complain a lot about work to those around me.)  And I think that what I really need is just an attitude adjustment.  A lot of the things I complain about are totally insignificant, so I don't know why I even let things bother me, but for some reason, I do.  "Fake it til you make it" is a motto that I have lived by a million times, and I am hoping that if I just stop vocalizing my frustrations, then it will kind of lead me to have a more favorable viewpoint of work, and in turn, life.  I am making this my only goal for the month because this is something that I really want to improve upon.  So fingers crossed!

Also - you may notice that my updated travel schedule indicates that I will be in the US this week!  A quick trip for some meetings at work, but I am hoping to snag some Girl Scout cookies while I'm there!

No comments:

Post a Comment