Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Feeling better

Hello all!  I am very happy to report that I am feeling so much better this week!  Even though I was away this weekend, I still was able to get in a fair amount of rest.  Plus, Katie gave me some Mucinex and super Advil, so that has helped put me back on the mend!  Hooray for modern medicine!

So this past weekend, we went to Hong Kong to celebrate Brian's birthday.  You may recall that Hong Kong was the first trip I took after I moved to Singapore.  I was really excited to be able to go back!

I started out my weekend with another restless night.  I woke up on Friday morning around 2:30am and never went back to bed.  After a full day of work, I met up with some friends for happy hour and dinner since the flight to Hong Kong didn't leave until 2 am!!


We went to the Clifford Pier, which is a newly renovated space inside the Fullerton Bay hotel.  The restaurant serves upscale hawker food, and we had a really fun time at dinner!!  Dinner took quite a while, so I only had time for a 30 minute nap at home before it was time to head to the airport.

Our flight landed in Hong Kong at 6am, and after dropping our bags off at the hotel, we went to the only thing that was open - the Victoria Peak!!




The good thing about going so early is that you avoid the crowds.  When we rode the tram back down, there was a HUGE mass of people waiting to go up.  I'm glad we didn't have to deal with that!

Then we went to meet Katie and Sara (visiting from the US!) and then head over to Disneyland!  When Brian suggested going to Disneyland, I wasn't too crazy about the idea but went along with it because it was his birthday, but we actually had a really great time!!
















By the time we left Disneyland, I was completely exhausted.  The sleep deficit really caught up with me by that point.  I totally passed out that night.

After (finally!) a good night's sleep, we went to the 102nd floor of the Ritz Carlton hotel for high tea!



Afterwards, we went up one floor to the cocktail lounge.  The decor inside this hotel is really stunning.


To be honest, I was a bit disappointed in it.  I mean, it was a cloudy day, so we had zero views, but I thought the service was actually pretty dreadful.  And the food was just okay.  But it was still a lovely place to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Happy birthday!

And now, I'm back in Singapore.  I've got one last trip left before I leave this island on a one-way ticket.  Very bittersweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment